Monday, April 23, 2012

Proper Etiquette at Public Charging Stations

To clear up any etiquette issues at the public charging stations where I work, we use the "Charge Protocol Card." It is simple and clear. You just take a paperclip and mark when it is ok with you to disconnect your car from the charger. Where I work there are 4 charging stations and more than a dozen electric cars. With this card on everyones' dashboard, it is easy to see if you can unplug someone and plug your car in when you arrive. I've signaled to people when they can unplug my car. I just check my Volt charging screen to see when I will be fully charged, put a paperclip at that time on the charge card, and leave it on my dash. Then people know when I am done and they can unplug me.

You have to remember to disable the Volt alarm that goes off if someone unplugs you and your doors are locked. I don't remember exactly where that choice is, but it is easy to find in the manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment