Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Volt Sales Hit a Record!

Bob Lutz was right. The Volt sales in March hit a new record. March US sales were 2,289. This is fantastic news! The trend for the Volt looks good too. The other mainstream electric car, the Nissan Leaf, did not fare as well. The Leaf trend is clearly down since a high in July 2011. I heard on one blog that the Leaf is focusing in Europe and Japan, so US sales are constrained. I wish my source, AutoBlogGreen reported international sales with their US sales reports so I'd have the whole picture.



Another first! The Volt has surpassed the Nissan Leaf in cumulative sales. I have nothing against the Leaf -- I like the car and hope to see it sell millions -- but I kind of route for the "home team" of GM since it is a US company.


GM even announced it will resume production one week early in this article. No more production hold!

UPDATE: AutoBlogGreen produces a great spreadsheet every month on sales of green cars like the Volt, Leaf and Prius. Shows lots of growth for Volts, Leafs and Prius for March. See below.


No comments:

Post a Comment